Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520 Series
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hey,

I just finished setting up my printer, which include 4 months of Instant Ink but there's something I don't understand.

I am still using the original ink cartridges that were supplied with my printer at the date of purchase. As I was doing through the wizard, I came across a page which made me confused.

• The page was an FAQ asking why we should sign up for the trial when we still have ink? The answer stated that the billing of the ink would not start until one of the Instant Ink cartridges has been inserted into the printer. I was under the impression that the trial would not start until the new cartridges has been inserted, which makes sense as I won't be using them before that time.

So my question is why is my trial starting after I have setup my printer to my wireless network and chosen a plan, despite not using the instant ink cartridges as I still have the ink that was supplied with my printer.

I have tried contacting the Twitter team and they haven't explained anything at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the cartrdiges that came with our printer have "instant in ready" written on them, upon signing up to instant ink, they switch from regular supplies to instnat ink and your billing starts from that point. 

For printer with cartridges that are not "instant in ready", billing cycle starts only when the welcome kit supplies are inserted. 

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the cartrdiges that came with our printer have "instant in ready" written on them, upon signing up to instant ink, they switch from regular supplies to instnat ink and your billing starts from that point. 

For printer with cartridges that are not "instant in ready", billing cycle starts only when the welcome kit supplies are inserted. 

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hey,

Thanks for your response. I had found my solution but didn't know how to close the thread.

However, I wish the "instant ready" ink was mentioned beforehand, either on your website or in your FAQs because people will assume the trial starts AFTER the ink supplied has finished, as I did.

Thanks again for the explanation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.