Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4522
In the leaflet and instructions that came with my printer it says to 'Activate this service during printer setup' in regard to the 4 month free trial of Instant Ink. I was not given any opportunity to do this durimg the printer setup. Did I do something wrong? When the printer prompted me to go to a website on my device to connect the printer I did do, then it had 2 options 'Finished' and 'More'. I pressed 'Finished'. Should I have pressed 'More'? Would this have given me the opportunity to start the 4 month free trial? Di I need to factory reset the printer and go through the setup again? Grateful for any help. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
*Update* All sorted now 🙂 I just had to choose a monthly subscription on the enrolment page, and because our printer had already been registered it knew we were due a 4 month free trial 😄

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Without knowing the exact offer you got with your  printer, I can't say for sure but if you were not prompted to sign up for instant ink, it may be that you need to do this seperately using an an enrollemnet code that may have come with the leaflet you mentioned.  

I've included the link to HP instant ink here which has all the details on enrollment.  

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply.
The offer is a 4 month free trial of Instant Ink.
All it says on the literature regarding this is 'Activate during printer setup' in a red box.
There is no code.
As I was not prompted during setup i'm stumped.
Worried if I just enrol through the website I won't get the offer 😕
Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds like you should have been guided through the activation at setup.

I recommend that you contact the instant ink support number for your country on the link that i provided and explain your situation. 

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Yes. Thankyou 🙂
I did call the number yesterday but it was too late they had finished for the day.
I do plan on calling again Tuesday 🙂
Thanks for your reply
HP Recommended
*Update* All sorted now 🙂 I just had to choose a monthly subscription on the enrolment page, and because our printer had already been registered it knew we were due a 4 month free trial 😄
HP Recommended
(No code was needed)
HP Recommended

I too have just bought a pinter with the 5 month free trial but there was no code in the printer box, would like to sign up but want the deal, especially as the man in the shop sold me some cartridges anyway

HP Recommended

Did you have to add a credit card payment? I chose the $9.99/month. I was told that no matter what plan I choose, I would get the first 4 months free trial.  It's saying I still have a balance to pay. When will it show that I have a 4 month free?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.