Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello can anyone help me with regards to registering an instant ink without the printer's claim code? My printer is a hpdj 2549 and i cant seem to print out the claim code for it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Limah88,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I understand and you're wondering whether your HP Deskjet 2549 Printer is capable of Instant Ink. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

You would need to purchase a printer that is part of the program as listed above. Your printer doesn't have the firmware or hardware requirements. 

HP may offer you a discount towards a trade-in on a replacement unit that is part of the program.  I recommend you reach out to our Instant Ink team. You can click on the following link to initiate a case:

Once you fill out the online form to create your case it will bring up a support number for your region. 

Have a great day! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, your printer is NOT on the list:

http://m.hp.com/us/en/ads/instant-ink/instant-ink-printers.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So i cant enroll with instant ink? 

HP Recommended

Hello Limah88,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I understand and you're wondering whether your HP Deskjet 2549 Printer is capable of Instant Ink. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

You would need to purchase a printer that is part of the program as listed above. Your printer doesn't have the firmware or hardware requirements. 

HP may offer you a discount towards a trade-in on a replacement unit that is part of the program.  I recommend you reach out to our Instant Ink team. You can click on the following link to initiate a case:

Once you fill out the online form to create your case it will bring up a support number for your region. 

Have a great day! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Ok i will do that. Thank you. When i bought it at Best Buy it was marked as eligible for instant ink. I was just dissapointed to find out it wasn't the case. Thanks anyway fir the solution.
HP Recommended

Hello @Limah88,

You're very welcome! Don't forget, we're just a message away if you require assistance. 🙂

Have a great day! 🙂  

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.