Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5640
Other

Hi, to whom it may concern.

We have 2 Envy 5640 printers connected through ePrint for our webshop.

The webshop works as when the customer places an order, a copy is sent to the printers emailaddress.

Irrirtating is that the printer wont display https images in the http email, but that is by design.

Strangly enough, since the period of 3 weeks about 25 percent of all emails are not being printed anymore. The customer does recieve the email, so also the printer (according to my postfix email server) but it simply doesnt print. The print jobs which are being printed are being reported back but 25% just hits /dev/null at HPE. 

How can we troubleshoot this? According to my TCP dump and maillogs the mails are delivered to HP.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @PascalTolenaar,

Try the steps recommended below.

Check the printer status

To receive ePrint jobs, the printer must be on and connected to the Internet.

1. Turn the printer off and on again to clear any existing problems.

2. Print a test page from a device on the same local network. If a connection error displays or the printer is not found, there is a network connection issue. See the Troubleshoot the printer network connection section for more information.

3. Confirm Web Services is enabled on the printer.

• Printers with a touchscreen or LCD display: Touch the HP ePrint icon, and then touch Settings. Or navigate to the Web Services menu under Network Setup or Wireless Settings. The Web Services status displays with enable instructions.

• Printers without a touchscreen or LCD display: Print a network configuration or self-test page to obtain the printer IP address, and then enter it in a web browser address bar to open the Embedded Web Server. Click the Web Services tab to turn on the feature.

Go to Turning On Web Services for more information.

4. Send an ePrint job.

Check ePrint email and print job requirements

Confirm your HP ePrint job is set up properly and the attachment is a supported file type.

Example ePrint email

1. Confirm the following ePrint email requirements.

• Enter only the printer email address in the 'To' field: Multiple email addresses might cancel the print job.

• Add text in the 'Subject' field: A blank subject field might cancel the print job.

• Attach no more than 10 items to the email: The total size of the email, including attachments, must be 10 MB or less.

2. Confirm your attached file is compatible.

• Photos: Photo files must be GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, or TIFF, and have a horizontal and vertical resolution of 100 pixels or higher.

• Documents: Document files must be PDF, HTML, TXT, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel. ePrint cannot print digitally signed, encrypted, or password protected documents.

3. Confirm the sending email account has ePrint access. Sign into HP Connected, click My Printers, and then confirm the correct email addresses are listed under ePrint Access.

4. Confirm the ePrint settings match your print job preferences.

• Default print settings: By default, ePrint prints one single-sided color printout in the same orientation as the original. Documents print on letter or A4 paper and photos print on 101.6 x 152.4 mm (4 x 6 in) paper.

• Custom print settings: Sign into HP Connected, click My Printers, and then select monochrome printing, plain or photo paper, and two-sided (duplex) printing under ePrint Preferences.

5. Send an ePrint job.

Refer this article to know more information on solving eprint issues. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi A4Apollo,

It is a html email with a table and stuff and if there was something wrong with the email layout, the problem was more consistent. It almost likes that 1 out of 4 HPEprint servers is broken and my email is loadbalanced 1 out of 4 times to a broken server. 

In order to do more diagnoses,  i would like to gather more logging. I am a network wizard so TCP dumps are my way to go but a simple SMTP log will do as well. I know that between the HPE servers and my printer it will be more something like PCL over HTTP or something but how can i troubleshoot this issue? I have even start sending the printjobs to my old Samsung printer but that doesnt fail....

So wrapping things up, is there like a DDOS feature on my printer? Perhaps i can only sent one printjob every minute otherwise it gets disabeld for 5 minutes or or or?

HP Recommended

@PascalTolenaar

Thanks for waiting. I have checked with the concerned team and I got an update.

It looks like there have been several service degradations on the Eprint servers past couple of days.

So I suggest you wait for a day or two and try again. If you have any concerns even after the time period you can write back to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.