Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi, so my parents recently got a new printer because they were having problems with their old one, it still worked but the internet was faulty and paper would constantly get jammed, so they gave it to me. I was able to fix everything except its wireless capabilities. Today I downloaded the two HP applications to my Mac, HP Utility and HP Easy Scan so I could set it up. I currently use a USB Connection so I can print with it, but I want to be able to do more than just print from my computer. So I was able to connect it to the HP Utility app through USB and then I went to "Network Settings" in the applications but it said this: "Network Settings Task is not currently available. Please make sure that device is connected to a network." This annoyed me because I assumed that I could set up its internet settings from there, but either way I decided to go back to the "All Settings" Menu and I clicked on "HP Connected", I clicked "Go" on the next screen and it took me to a website which asked for my printer's claim code, I didn't know how to find it so I searched up how, it said I had to click on the "E-Print" Button, but mine is a little older so I just clicked on the "Network Settings" button, it gave me no useful info, so I went to the printer's report section and printed out everything it could possibly be under and I couldn't find the claim code. I went to "Apps" but it said I had to be connected to the internet to use it. I also looked at a section which did mention E-Print so I know my printer supports it. I am very confused as to how am I supposed to find the claim code to set up my internet connection if I am unable to connect to the internet in the first place. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That printer is not wireless.  Only Ethernet or USB.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That printer is not wireless.  Only Ethernet or USB.

HP Recommended

Ok! Thanks for the response. I guess we used to use ethernet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.