Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can connect to EWS using 10.0.0.5

But when I click on Wireless Setup Wizard the browser won't allow it to connect. It warns that the IP is not secure. I have the install disc for the printer.

HP Recommended

Now I am concerned about the unsecure network. Should I uninstall and start fresh?

HP Recommended

Hi,  

You can try first.  The IP is technically in your network, so should be safe.

Unless that fails, then you try using the CD.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Performed the following

Reset printer to factory defaults.

Completely uninstalled HP Software.

Reinstalled software and printer (wireless)

The router assigned the same IP again (10.0.0.5)

I can get to EWS but have to override browser security to access some features.

The root of my problem still exists in that my iPad cannot access the printer.

Also, something else I noticed has to do with ePrint. When I pressed the "Display email address" it came back with "The printer could not connect with the internet, check internet connection" Obviously I have an internet connection. Any suggestions on that as well?

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi,

Printer IP address is invalid.

http://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/what-is-a-valid-ip-address/

Do you have a PC where you can install the printer as a USB and then convert it to wireless?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes. Part of the installation process is hooking up a usb cable to the PC to dtermine the wireless settings. I am guessing that is whwere the router assigns the IP address.

HP Recommended

Is it possible to connect to the printer wirelessly without a router?

HP Recommended

Hi @Jack102

Yes.  This document will show you how it's done:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

Excepts from the document:

Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct connection

Connect your Apple iOS device directly to the printer with Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct.
  1. On the printer, make sure a solid blue light is on next to the Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct button or an Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct icon displays on the control panel.
  2. Press the Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct button or navigate the control panel menu settings to find and touch Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct.
  3. On your Apple iOS device, tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi.
  4. Under the Choose a network menu, select your printer. The printer name begins with DIRECT.
    If prompted, type a password. The default password is 12345678.
      NOTE:
    If you are using a Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct connection, be sure to go back into Wi-Fi settings and connect your Apple iOS device to your network.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hello. My printer is an HP3052A. The button on the control panel is only labeled "Wireless".  There is no icon that looks like the one shown in your e-mail. Also there is nothing displayed in the control panel that says Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct. Is the HP 3052A Wi-Fi Direct / HP wireless direct capable?

Thank You

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.