Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Is my HP 3052A AirPrint compatible. Both the printer and the iPad are connected to the same network yet the iPad does not find the printer.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Yes, your printer model does support Airprint.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thank you. Now the real questions start. My iPad will not connect with the printer. It gives the "No AirPrint Printers Found".

The printer is on the same wireless network as the iPad. I have restarted both numerous times, as well as the router.

At present there are two computers and two cell phones on the same wi fi network, All are working correctly.

My iPad is an older model A 1396

The router is an Arris TG862G/CT

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you do not have the printer on the network yet, use the steps below;

1. Restore the network defaults on the printer by pushing the wireless button, going to settings, and then restore defaults. The wireless button should then start flashing, this means it is now in autowireless mode.
  2. Connect to the network that the printer is broadcasting. It is usually HP-setup-3052a and then part of the MAC address. The wireless light will still be flashing on the printer at this point, this is normal since this is not an actual adhoc connection.
  3. Load up the Embedded Web Server (EWS) in the browser on your mobile device. The default IP for autowireless is 192.168.223.1. (Open Browser, enter 192.168.223.1 in the address bar.)
  4. Go to the network tab along the top of the EWS.
  5. Click on Wireless Setup Wizard along the lefthand side to begin configuring the printer.

EWS wireless.jpg

Once the printer is successfully configured to your network you can put your mobile device back on your network, thus both devices will be on the same network.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks again.

A few things before I try this.

I would assume that the printer is already on the network as both computers and both phones can send to the printer wirelessly at present.

The printer gives it's IP as 10.0.0.5

I tried a third party printing app called O'Print on the the iPad and could connect using that IP address. I don't want to have to resort to a paid third party application if I don't need to.

I have trepidation that following the procedure you outlined, I will cause the whole thing to stop working.

HP Recommended

Hi,

That doesn't seem to be a valid IP address.  

AIrprint may not work with third pary apps. (can try though)

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I typed in 192.168.223.1 and got no connection.

I typed in 10.0.0.5 and connected to the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi

Did you type in 192.168.223.1 into your mobile phone?  We were ab;e to get to the EWS page using our phone.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I tried it on my phone and my iPad....no response.

I typed in 10.0.0.5 and connected immediately.

But when I try to connect to the wireless setup wizard I am warned by the browser (both Chrome and Firefox) that the "Owner of 10.0.0.5 has set up the connection improperly. This is an unsecure connection"

I am thinking that the Verizon technician that installed the modem/router may have configured things this way.

How do you think that 10.0.0.5 got into the printer in the first place?

Thank you very much for your time and advice.

HP Recommended

HI @Jack102

The 10.0.0.5.  didn't get into the printer, that was what the router assigned to the printer.

You can try to get to EWS with that IP, let us know if that works.

Else, if you have a PC, you can download and install the FULL feature printer software and connect via USB first before converting the printer to wireless.

Follow page 32 of the userguide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02853536

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.