Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M254DW
iOS

My Laserjet M254DW has been working well with my iPhone for the last year, but now it cannot print from my iPhone unless I reboot the printer. After the reboot it can print normally once, but on 2nd print job and onward, the printer will show 'Printing document...' (translation from the Chinese prompt) but then nothing happens. I need to reboot get it print again. This happens with my two iPhones, both just upgraded to 13.1.3. I upgraded one to 13.1.4 but it is still the same behavior. The strange thing is that it is not always not working - I find that it can print web pages from the Safari browser, but cannot print PDF, Word docs. Meanwhile, it works if I print from my computer via wireless network. 

I have tried all possible solutions that I can find online: reboot the router, reboot the iPhone, set static IP for the printer, disable IPv6, upgrade printer's firmware to the latest, reset the printer's network setting to default. But it is still the same behavior. It is very annoying because I often need to print from the iPhone directly. Not sure what other solution I can try. Please advise. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jane_Huang, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know the following:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using AirPrint. And I have updated the firmware to the latest. But that doesn't help. 

HP Recommended

@Jane_Huang

Thanks for replying!

Check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'. 

Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Follow the steps from the document HP Printers - A 'No AirPrint Printers Found' Message Displays (iOS) to further resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.