Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Is it a fault or an "undocumented feature" of the P1102W that if the paper tray runs out of paper mid way through a print job it fails to continue with the print job after the tray is re-filled?  Obviously not the end of the world but it is more than a little annoying.  Is there a software/firmware update needed or is there some secret button combination that re-starts the print job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not very intuitive, but I found out that lifting the cover to access the toner and putting it down without touching anything else will clear the out of paper error and continue printing...

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Generally, pushing the resume button continues the job. However, if you are printing through a network (like at an office or company) the print jobs may pool directly to the printers. In which case, the jobs are not held in the spooler until completed.

In any case, try this utility, depending on your system and if you have administrator rights:

HP Print Diagnostic

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

There is no resume button.

The only thing I've been able to do is cancel the job from the windows printer queue or by hitting the cancel button on the printer repeatedly.  Then turn the printer completely off and turn it back on and reprint.

It is the kind of frustration that makes you want to pick the **bleep** thing up and throw it through a window.

HP Recommended

It's not just if it runs out of paper.  I can't get it to print labels either.  On my old printer there was a button to "accept" or "resume"  I used it for printing on label paper and for continuing after I ran out of paper or cleared a jam.  This machine only has a turn the wireless on/off, cancel and turn printer on/off.  

I read in one forum to have the messages display.  In properties it is set to display and it doesn't do anything. 

Very dissapointed in this printer.  It's the only one I have now that my old printer (that still works just fine) is not compatable with Win 7.  Another dissapointing feature with HP right now.

HP Recommended

my hp laserjet p1102w run out of paper and I put new paper in. It then said paper jam. we checked for the paper jam and there was none. We put the paper back and waited for it to go away. after two days it now says No Ink. What is wrong? its a band new ink and lots of paper, no jams but still is not working.

HP Recommended

Not very intuitive, but I found out that lifting the cover to access the toner and putting it down without touching anything else will clear the out of paper error and continue printing...

HP Recommended

That would be fine except there is no resume button on the printer.

HP Recommended

There is no physical reset button on this machine. 

There used to be a screen/software button that popped up when the printer ran out of paper, but it disappeared of its own accord some months ago. 

Surely there is some way of telling the printer to carry on when it runs out of paper mid way through a job? Otherwise, as another user has said, all you can do is cancel the jobs, turn the thing on and off again, and start again. 

HP Recommended

Just call HP and they wanted over 130 dollars to replace the printer and the stupid thing only cost me $100 at Best Buy. It's sad how they make things so cheap. I guess I just add to the landfill of printers. The red botten is still blinking and it still says paper jam. Won't even make the noise that it used to make as it was turning on. This laserjet p1102w HP printer is not even a year old. Never could found out why it stopped like that. 

I would be nice to even get an idea off what to look for to fix it

HP Recommended

Read my first post attentively and you will see that I do not say there is a resume button on this printer.

All I say is that lifting the top cover and putting it back in place does resume the print job, which is what this thread is about.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.