cancel
jemimah Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Laserjet P1102w not re-starting print jobs if paper runs out mid way through. Fault or feature?

thank you thank you thank you . . . this has been annoying me for some time now. Not great when my client pays by the sheet and my printer looses track of how many copies it's printed.

0 Kudos
srp46 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 1 0
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Laserjet P1102w not re-starting print jobs if paper runs out mid way through. Fault or feature?

Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!  You're right - not very intuitive, but works like a charm!

0 Kudos
amishsteve Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Brilliant!!  Why didn't HP think of that.  Open and close the printer's toner door to clear the "out of paper" error message.  Now that's intuitive.

0 Kudos
celticgirl Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I could not believe it myself until I tried. Lifting the cover as if you were changing the ink cartridge and reclosing it prompted the printer to resume the job. 

Previously, a small dialog box would pop up with a go button to press when you were done refilling the tray with paper. It has disappeared. 

Very strange! 

0 Kudos
MissyDeB Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This solution totally works!  I have been trying to fix this myself since I got the printer.  Thank you.  It's great that such a simple solution exists and that I can find it online.  It's pathetic that the HP engineers allowed this to happen.

0 Kudos
marteau Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This is a late response, but none of the solutions offered worked on my HP Laserjet P1102w under Linux =(12,14, 16)

But I did discover the following by accident:

if you shutdown your linux system (without cancelling any of the pending out-ot paper lines), your printer will come to life and begin printing the hubg jobs when you restart.  Yes I know this is a hassel, but i've found it to be the only way to revive those jobs and not loose the content.

0 Kudos
rptdc Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Stephane is an IT genius.  I have had these printers for years.  I knew of the window that pops up to resume when paper is again loaded but it takes forever to come up.  Open/close lid is quick and works!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation