Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laster Jet Pro MFP M177fw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have had this printer for a few years and never had a problem.   Recently i am unable to connect to web services.  I have read a lot of the other posts, but it doesnt make sense to me to reload firmware on something that has been working great all along.    I have tried the following steps:

• Reset router and also had Vz FIOS support reset to be safe
  • Restored defaults via the network setup menu
  • Unplugged the printer and waited 5 minutes
  • I can not connect to the "turn apps on/off" option to be able to toggle
  • The firmware date code is 20130823
  • TCP/IP is set at automatic
  • IP configed is DHCP
  • IPV6 is disabled

In short, what occurs when i choose any of the webservices options is it just gives me the HP symbol and says connecting.  The really odd thing is it really never timesout or if it does it take a REALLY long time.

Any help would be much appricated.   Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

Please try installing the latest firmware below, version 20160926, restart teh printer and check forany difference:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/IPG/M176/LJM176_M177_Series_FW_Update_signed-20160...

May you see any difference while trying to access Web Services?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Darbymurphy,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in fixing the Web services connectivity issue. Is that, correct?

I was able to find a useful article which ideally helps you run the diagnostics on your PC and checks for any possible hardware failure.

Please perform the steps form the below link and keep me posted.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05337026

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info, but that didnt seem to work.  On my MAC,  I tried removing the WebServices from the printer, and then tried to enable the Web Services but now I get the message that says "connecting" and the small wheel is trurning.   After a while this process times out and goes back to the WebServices page with the option to enable.  Any other suggestions ?

HP Recommended

@Darbymurphy, Thanks for your response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

To open the HP Embedded Web Server, type the product IP address into the address line of a Web browser.
Please click on the ‘Network’ tab.
Please click on ‘Advanced’ in the left-hand side menu as shown above. Please uncheck IPv6 and click on ‘Apply’.
Please click on the ‘HP Web Services’ tab.
Please click on the ‘Enable’ button. The Web Services information sheet should print.

If the issue still persists, try assigning a manual IP to your printer and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to assign manual IP.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

Please try installing the latest firmware below, version 20160926, restart teh printer and check forany difference:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/IPG/M176/LJM176_M177_Series_FW_Update_signed-20160...

May you see any difference while trying to access Web Services?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Well done!!  thank you.... so thoughtful of you to give me the link to the firmware upgrade automation.  I thought I did this before but apparently you have the magic

Thanks again!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.