Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Printer
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I had a power surge the other day.  Now I can't get any of my devices to recognize my printer. 

I can use the printer with USB cable on Mac Laptop and Mac Desktop

When I try to set up wireless it says, "Device Not Found on Network" "The wireless network settings were successfully downloaded to your device however, your Mac was unable to locate the device on the network."

Printer indicates connected to the same wireless connection as computers

I have deleted and downloaded printer software a couple of times.

I have reset the printer a couple of times.

I have powered everything off and restarted a few times.

Phones and Ipads also cannot detect the printer

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TCLouise

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you are getting wireless connectivity issue on your HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

Disable IPv6 on the printer

1. Print a Network Configuration Page, and then locate the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server.

Figure : Example of the EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page

EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page
  2. From a computer connected to your network, type the entire URL into an Internet browser, and then press Enter. If the webpage remains blank, try a different Internet browser.

Figure : Example IP address in the browser

Example IP address for the printer typed in the browser

The EWS displays.

3. Click Network, and then click Network Protocols.

The General Network Protocols screen displays.

4. Select Enable IPv4 only, and then click Apply.

Figure : Network Protocols screen

Network Protocols screen
  5. Try printing from AirPrint.

Turn off Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS)

1. Print a Network Configuration Page, and then locate the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server.

Figure : Example of the EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page

EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page
  2. From a computer connected to your network, type the entire URL into an Internet browser, and then press Enter. If the webpage remains blank, try a different Internet browser.

Figure : Example IP address in the browser

Example IP address for the printer typed in the browser

The EWS displays.

3. Click Network, and then click Internet Printing Protocol.

The Internet Printing Protocol screen displays.

4. Clear the Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS) box, and then click Save.

Figure : Internet Printing Protocol screen

Internet Printing Protocol screen
  5. Try printing from AirPrint.

Add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2HlZbM0

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me.

I printed out the Network Configuration Page

I've tried three different browsers and three different computers and none of them will open the embedded web server. 

Firefox times out or page does not exist

Safari: page does not exist or is unavailable - server isn't responding

Bing: no results or site can't be reached

HP Recommended

@TCLouise

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Your printer is having a connectivity issue,

Perform printer's network settings

1. Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then select Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

2. Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, select Reports, and then select Print Network Configuration Page to print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Connect the printer to the network again 

Set up the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard:

• On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.
  • Touch Wireless, touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch OK.
  • Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Now you should able to print login to EWS page,

And perform the steps mentioned in the previous post.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My MacBook Air is unable to locate my OfficejetPro 8600 on my wireless network. The utility function message says the wireless setting is successfully downloaded to my device but Mac is unable to locate the device on the network. I followed instructions that someone else had received to go back to default settings which I then confirmed on the network configuration page. After that I went through setup wizard again and entered my wireless password and it shows it is ready to go. I again tried to print with the same problem of printer not found. Help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.