Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mobile Fax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Mobile Fax indicates that a Windows 10 computer can be used:

What are the Mobile Fax user requirements?

A device with a compatible operating system such as iOS, Android, Windows 10.

A physical document is optional since you can also fax digital files straight from your mobile device or computer

Source

I have the HP Smart app for Windows 10 installed as was linked to from the Mobile Fax website. A tile for Mobile Fax doesn't appear however, and it's not possible to add one using the Settings -> Personalize Tiles option, like you can with the Android Mobile Fax app.

How can you send a fax using Mobile Fax through a PC then?

Update on 2/4/2020:

This now appears to be fixed in the most recent update of HP Smart for Windows 10. At the time of posting, the Mobile Fax tile was not available, and now it is under Settings -> Personalize Tiles. So it seems this was updated after my question was asked. Thanks for the update!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Dan_OPP

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Mobile Fax is available in specific countries/regions. If you do not see a Mobile Fax option in the Personalize Menu, Mobile Fax might not be available in your country/region.

To know how to use mobile fax feature from the HP Smart app on your PC, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Dan_OPP

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Mobile Fax is available in specific countries/regions. If you do not see a Mobile Fax option in the Personalize Menu, Mobile Fax might not be available in your country/region.

To know how to use mobile fax feature from the HP Smart app on your PC, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This now appears to be fixed in the most recent update of HP Smart for Windows 10. At the time of posting, the Mobile Fax tile was not available, and now it is under Settings -> Personalize Tiles. So it seems this was updated after my question was asked. Thanks for the update!

HP Recommended

@Dan_OPP

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.