Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @Htetyan

Sorry for your lost files.

I still -unfortunately- haven't found any solution yet...

Some scammers tried to contact me...so be careful please.

I advise you to upload your scanned files in the future to any drive (onedrive, googledrive,...) So we won't face such a problem in the future...

If you used to save your scanned files as PDF's, then try to search in "file manager" in each PDF file because sometimes they are saved in "file manager" as well as the app's folder ...

If you found any hint or any solution please let me know...

HP Recommended

Hi Amdtad,

Hi Bro, Did they contact you and give you any solution ? They should take responsible for that. They should not delete personal data from us. It can take legal action to them . If i have enough time to do i will sue to Hp. I saved both jpeg and pdf whenever  i scan the documents. Now i can't find even pdf in anywhere of my mobile. Totally i lost both pdf and jpeg. My cloud storage is already full of my previous mobile datas . I trying to tranfer and clean. But i was always busy with my business . And also my mobile was enough storage that 512gb. So i never worry about storage and it will happen such a kind of update. To do the recover options by using software i have root my mobile . But it will break mobile warranty . So i don't have choice . Already lost all my valueable files . Next time I will not use anyother hp devices . I will talk this information to all of my colleagues. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Htetyan

Actually, I called HP and spent much time trying to find anyone who knows any solution or hint to solve my problem. I had been transferred to the whole sections in this company, still nothing positive occurred!

As you said, no time to sue ...

It is also worth to mention that I sent an email to this app developer (for Android)...he/she hasn't responded yet (and I don't think they will, neither!).

You almost have the same thoughts as mine.... I thought about recovering the lost files by certain apps.... But as you said they entailed "rooting" the device.

Please, if you decide to root your device, tell me if you get any of them... You can write a reply here or direct message me.

Your reply will be highly appreciated ...

Hope we get that files soon ..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.