Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laser jet pro cm1415fnw mfp
My hp mobile application stopped printing in color. I have new cartridges in all 4 slots. I moved my printer to a different room and use wireless to print. Do I need to plug in my usb cord to the cable box to make it read the Mobile application?

I can print from my computer in color but not from mobile appication and don't have the usb cord in my cable box.
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Maryjo03

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print in color form your mobile. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

Which mobile are you printing from?

Which application are you using to print?

Meanwhile

Uninstall and reinstall the mobile app and check if that works.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for responding Sandy, I'm using hp smart mobile app. Version 4.7.102. I'm using my LG smart phone, as always.

I've deleted the app and reloaded 4x. I can't print color from my phone. It's always black and white and no option to change to color printing. It only has a black and white option.
Maryjo
HP Recommended

@Maryjo03

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I made a deep research and understand the issue better now.

Check the ink levels of the color cartridges in the smart app,

If it is empty, replace the cartridges or Remove and reseat all the cartridges.

You can refer this HP Document to reseat the cartridges properly: https://hp.care/2EGybVW

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sandy, the app shows my cartridges are full. They are all new from HP.
It was printing in color, then stopped. Your app wi not let me select the color option. It was working fine but it's your app is stuck on black and white printing.

MaryJo
HP Recommended
A minute ago your app had the color option It let me select it then and I tied printing again and the color option won't come up. I believe the problem is in your application because it prints in color when I'm using my computer or direct printing from my printer.

MaryJo
HP Recommended

@Maryjo03

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Update the printer firmware:

Refer this HP Document to update the printer firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

After updating firmware, while printing from the Smart App when you select a picture or document in advanced settings turn on Android print rendering.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sandy, I did everything you said to do. I updated the firm ware and turned on the Android setting to on. It still will not show the picture in color or the option to select color.

I'm telling you everything was working and printing in color, then you application go stuck in black and white and won't print in color. The issue is on your end not mine.
HP Recommended

@Maryjo03

Thanks for the response.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My mistake. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.