Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2632
iOS

The option to change from black and white to colour or greyscale has disappeared from both the hp smart app and the normal mobile printing area. This has worked previously but gone to us it today and its gone. This has happened on Ipad and mobile phones. 
Test pages come out with everything ok and in colour from the app. Ink cartridges are half full. Firmware is up to date and the app has been deleted and reinstalled. 

I have tried on a laptop and i am able to print colour. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Kingo 13, 

You can follow below steps to Print Tool bar with Print Settings:

1. Select print file

2. Tap 'Print', the Print Preview page will be loaded

3. Swipe up a panel at the printer name. Print Toolbar with all Print settings will show up.

4. Configure Paper Size, Color Options, Page Range, Print Quality, 2-sided (for certain print models)

Hope this helps!

I am an HP employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

That is exactly how i used to be able to change the colour settings but the option to print in colour has gone. As shown in the picture.Hp smart app printing settingsHp smart app printing settings

HP Recommended

Hi Kingo13,

Thanks for the screen capture. 

May I get your help to capture some information from HP Smart app. I would leave a private message to you. Please help to check and reply me there. 

IMG_1083.PNG

Best Regards, 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

I'm replying here because I am also dealing with this exact issue, I have a brand new, not-even-a-day-old Deskjet 2632.
All functions and abilities of the printer are fully operational - Trust me, I've checked.

I believe the iOS application has several bugs at the very least. I have sent a report to HP of my findings and the generalised lack of functionality within several areas of the app.

Here is one such example of why the iOS application has major functionality issues:

"Remote printing" in printer settings menu is also proving to be nonfunctional as although the ability to e-print works, the app doesn't seem to recognise this, therefore cannot manipulate the printer's e-print ability

The point is I strongly advise the iOS application being reassessed of it's functionality as soon as possible.

In other regard, I ask for you to be able to kindly assist me in solving this problem, where the option to change between colour and greyscale is simply not present - exactly as shown above, in the OP's screenshot.

Thank you for taking your time in reading my comment,

Kind regards,
Liam

HP Recommended

Hi Liam, 

Thank you for your feedback.  

For 1st issue : You printer can not set color printing. I would need your help to provide printer specific information to debug it. An private message will be sent to you. Please check your private email box at the top right corner.

Heather_2020_1-1589797651802.png

For the 2nd issue: "Remote Printing" function is not working on your HP Smart app

HP Smart need enable the ePrint path for the printer in order to use the ePrint function in app. 

Could you confirm :

1. You log in to HPID .

2. You see attached two screens from HP Smart. If not, please follow below steps. 

How to enable ePrint path in HP Smart: 

1. log in to HPID account in HP Smart app. 

2. Make sure the target printer ePrint is enabled.  (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03721293)

3. Target printer is connected to HP Smart . Tap Printer icon from Home page, Tap 'Remote Printing' from Options if it is available.

4. Switch on 'HP ePrint' switcher

5. Please check attached two screen shots. If your printer supports ePrint beaconing, you can press 'ePrint' button at printer control panel, wait for HP Smart to auto detect the ePrintID. If your printer doesn't support ePrint beaconing, you can enter the printer eprint email address. 

6. Once ePrint path is activated, you should see the printer with cloud sign when your mobile device is not in the same network as the printer. 

Hope this helps! Please update us if you have further inquiry. 

Best Regards, 

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.