Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @HpNoPrint,

I reviewed the post comprehensively.Thanks for the super quick response. Do not worry. I will send you a private message to perform a semi-full reset on the printer that will take it back to factory settings. Then you should be able to reconfigure your printer for both the Chromebooks as long as there is no hardware issue with the printer. This should do the trick for you.

Please keep checking your private message on HP forums. Please try to perform these steps and keep me posted about it. This user manual Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02456532 .will give you all the control panel information. it is on page 8. This will be required to perform a semi full reset on the printer.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue with my HP OfficeJet Pro printer and my Chromebook.  The two have worked perfectly together for years and now the printer is not visible on the Chromebook.  It is also not visible on my IPhone.  I have tried everything that has been suggested here in this thread.  I was also wondering if HP sent an update that caused this issue?

When I realized that every job I was sending to my printer was showing as "error" in my Google Cloud Print detail, I removed the printer with the intention of re-connecting it.  Unfortunately, the printer is not being detected by either of my devices (Chromebook and/or IPhone).

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Amy

HP Recommended

Have the same problem.My wife has newer Chromebook,printing fine.NOBODY KNOWS.Maybe Chrome is hiding something?

HP Recommended

I have a Chrome book and along with many others my printer no longer works, I have tried all your recommendations that I can I need to be walked through this it miserable. My blue light blinks, my book shows the printer but always fails. I retried the destination and redid the printer. I know I have a good signal. I still have flashbacks on the day I set this **bleep** thing up. ended up talking to 3 reps around the world and finally got a lady in Canada that said a co-worker had a chrome book and after 3 hours we got it. Please give me a number to call to get some help.

HP Recommended

I have an Acer Chromebook and HP Deskjet 2655 printer that I have been able to print to for the past 2 years.  All of the sudden I am no longer able to print.  After spending hours over the phone there still not working   We have gone through all of the steps/directions.  We have tried everything.  I know the printer is working because I am able to print from the HP app on my phone.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.