Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3510 e-All-in-One User Guide
Chrome OS

My HP Deskjet 3510 was working well using wireless direct printing. Recently I got a Netgear router and connected the printer. I don't remember if the printing failure happened immediately or not after the change. The printer's Wireless Network Test Results report shows "NO Problems Found."  Both printer and router indicate each is connected. And yet my Chromebook shows the "print job sent to printer,"  but printer does not respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Bud8,

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are having issues while printing to your DeskJet from your Chromebook. I would like to help Smiley Happy

We can easily print from the Chromebook by adding your printer as a Cloud ready printer. Follow the steps below:

1.  First, make sure the printer is connected to your wireless network. If not already connected, follow the steps below:
    • On the printer control panel, press the Wireless icon , and then press the button  next to Settings.
    • Press the down arrow to scroll to Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.
    • Press the down arrow to scroll to the name of your network, and then press OK.
    • Enter your wireless password to get the printer connected to your network.

2. Now, we need to setup the cloud ready printer to your Chromebook.
    • Open the Chrome browser , and then sign in to your Google account.

• Click the Chrome menu icon , and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.

• In the Settings window, scroll down and select Show advanced settings....

• Scroll down to Google Cloud Print, then click the Manage button.

Google Cloud Print detects any printers on the network. Select your printer and then register your printer.

Now, you can easily print from your Chromebook using the Google cloud print. Check http://hp.care/2cYVMZ9 for detailed instructions.

I found a wonderful document which will gives you step by step instructions on how to install your printer on your Chromebook. Please go to http://hp.care/2eN0k2r to get detailed instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Bud8,

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are having issues while printing to your DeskJet from your Chromebook. I would like to help Smiley Happy

We can easily print from the Chromebook by adding your printer as a Cloud ready printer. Follow the steps below:

1.  First, make sure the printer is connected to your wireless network. If not already connected, follow the steps below:
    • On the printer control panel, press the Wireless icon , and then press the button  next to Settings.
    • Press the down arrow to scroll to Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.
    • Press the down arrow to scroll to the name of your network, and then press OK.
    • Enter your wireless password to get the printer connected to your network.

2. Now, we need to setup the cloud ready printer to your Chromebook.
    • Open the Chrome browser , and then sign in to your Google account.

• Click the Chrome menu icon , and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.

• In the Settings window, scroll down and select Show advanced settings....

• Scroll down to Google Cloud Print, then click the Manage button.

Google Cloud Print detects any printers on the network. Select your printer and then register your printer.

Now, you can easily print from your Chromebook using the Google cloud print. Check http://hp.care/2cYVMZ9 for detailed instructions.

I found a wonderful document which will gives you step by step instructions on how to install your printer on your Chromebook. Please go to http://hp.care/2eN0k2r to get detailed instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did not want to use cloud printing.   I wanted to use "wireless direct." I found the solution to my problem as follows:"

1. Did a Google search for “Chromebook help.”
  2. Followed the resulting links    “Chromebook Help - Google Support/ Set up your printer.”
  3. Followed Set up your printer Steps 1, 2, and 3.
  4. Success!   Page printed instantly using Step 3 procedures.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.