Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500

My Envy 4500 has started to turn its self off,  after 2 years, it used to go into sleep mode, but now I have to power on if Iwant to print, this started after I had a problem coneting to wirless, that has been solved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kichenking

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer powers off by itself. Earlier, the printer used to go to sleep mode. But now you have to manually power on the printer. 

Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

• After how long does the printer power off if it is left idle?
  • When it powers off by itself, do you see any lights anywhere on the printer (especially the power button)?

Meanwhile, I did some digging, in this case, found the following information about the auto-off feature on the printer.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kichenking

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer powers off by itself. Earlier, the printer used to go to sleep mode. But now you have to manually power on the printer. 

Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

• After how long does the printer power off if it is left idle?
  • When it powers off by itself, do you see any lights anywhere on the printer (especially the power button)?

Meanwhile, I did some digging, in this case, found the following information about the auto-off feature on the printer.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for your tip , did a serch and found it on HP site,I did this and it worked perfectley , well done!!

HP Recommended

@kichenking

You're most welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that its working fine now. 

Happy printing! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.