Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6550
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Everytime I send something to be printed from my iPhone 7 to my HP Envy 5660, it shows my printer as being offline.  The little dot that should be green is gray.  I have to go manually turn off my printer, wait for it to shut down & power off, and then power it back on.  Then, I can almost immediately send a page to be printed to it, and it will connect automatically and print it off.  How can I fix this issue?  I’ve never had this problem before.  So, what happened to cause this?

Momma2AnAngel
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Momma2AnAngel, a warm welcome to HP Community!

Updating the printer firmware and assigning a manual IP for the printer may resolve the issue. Latest printer firmware updates has product enhancements/issue fixes and assigning a manual IP should help us ensure that there is no IP conflict. Let's try these steps:

1.) Use the steps available here to update iOS.

2.) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware. 

3.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

4.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch "Setup". Touch " Network Setup" menu, touch "Restore Network Defaults".

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) On the printer control panel, touch "Setup". Touch Wireless and select Wireless Setup Wizard, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

7.) Try to print.

Once the printer is connected, use the following steps to assign a manual IP for the printer.

1.) Touch the wireless icon on the printer display to view wireless summary. Locate printer IP address or IPv4 address.

2.) Open the Safari browser on your Apple device.

3.) Type the IP address in the search bar, and then tap Go to open the EWS.

Enter the printer IP address in Safari

4.) Tap Network>Wireless>IPv4 configuration>Manual IP and click Suggest a Manual IP address.

5.) Click Apply and OK.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thx! I will try this tomorrow.  I will get back on here & let you know how it turns out. Thx again!

Momma2AnAngel
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.