Fred098 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP envy5540 printer will not print

HP envy5540

My HP envy5540 will not print remotely from iPhone, iPad or windows laptop even though wifi is showing connection and the devices are seeing the printer. When I select print nothing happens. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,218 18,896 1,570 2,628
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP envy5540 printer will not print

@Fred098

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand your HP Envy 5540 printer will not print, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you ensure the printer is connected to a wireless network?

Does your printer support AirPrint or printing via iPhone etc?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to check:

Print photos, documents, emails, or webpages from your Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to most HP wireless printers using Apple AirPrint, a built-in printing solution for iOS devices: For more information about Apple AirPrint, see the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) section at the end of this document.

Also, if you need to setup your wireless network with your printer, go through the below steps:

Before you print or scan to your printer from a computer through a network, you must first connect the printer to the network and install software on the computer. These instructions guide you through the process of setting up your printer on a wireless network.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation