Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
iOS

Hi all, hope you can help. I’ve had the HP Envy 4520 for roughly a year and never experienced problems with it. Now it seems that although I’ve done all the system checks - “checked ink levels, cleaned ink cartridges etc” my printer is not printing the ink onto paper. The diagnostic printing report has not come out as it should have either. The ink levels are fine so I’m at a loss. Can anyone share some tips to get me back up and running? Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Hughesy85

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Black or Color Ink Not Printing" issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) Are you able to male copies using the printer?

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -Press and hold the Start Copy Color button on the printer control panel for 3 seconds to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix " Black or Color Ink Not Printing" issue applicable for your printer -  Black or Color Ink Not Printing

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Also, check for updates on your iPad click here to know-how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.