Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here's the story... I received a printer about four years ago from my online school. I barely ever used it, but when I did it would print without problems from my school laptop. Recently I upgraded the hardware for my PC that was pre-built back in 2011. I used a GIGABYTE B450M DS3H motherboard as my replacement. Since then, I have tried to use this printer and it will not print! The carriage moves smoothly, I spent 30$ to replace the ink cartridges, my computer tells me that the software for the printer is installed and recognized, no paper jams, plugged into a wall outlet, the control panel tells me that there is 1 document in queue then a second later it says 0 documents in queue and nothing happens. Consistently there is the E3 error and no matter what I did, it still would not go away!  Could it have something to do with my OS? My motherboard? Some setting I checked off? Would buying a new printer even work on my PC? I've exhausted all options and I look to you guys  for help. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PastorJoe1956 

All of the following is "hunting for Easter eggs"...

I have just a few ideas...

E3 is a "carriage stalled" error (User Guide - Page 89)

Seems an odd error if the printer is "ready to print"- for example, the printer can print a test page OK

Reference Printing Self-Test Pages

=============================================================

After you change the ink cartridges, the printer may need / want to be "aligned" before it can print. (User Guide - Page 80)

Jobs disappearing from the print queue could be an indication that Print Services queue manager (in Windows) is balky / stuck.

"Check it out" >> Doctor might help but cannot really handle hardware "stuff".  If the printer hardware is "OK", the doctor can assist finding and solving some other issues.

Print Queue / Print Service Reset

The Doctor can help with several issues, including driver, connection, and "jobs stuck in the queue".

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

and / or

If the current print job will not cancel or if a previous print job is stuck in the queue,

and

If the issue is due to Print Services being stuck / hung / corrupted, Restart the Print Service

Short Version:  Stop print service, clear the print folder, Start print service

Details…

Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down, find, Right-Click, and Stop Print Spooler Service

Open File Explorer (formally Windows Explorer)

Navigate to the folder and Delete the files from folder C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

Start Print Spooler Service

Jobs disappearing from the print queue could be an indication there is a permission issue in the Temp

Jobs in Print Queue Disappear

If the print job is making its way to the print queue and then disappearing:

• Temp folder requires full permissions, including Read / Write, for current user
  • Check / add / edit permissions for user (current login) on Temp folders

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\Temp

Temp_Folder_Permissions_1Temp_Folder_Permissions_1

Reference and Resources – (More) Places to find help, solve problems, and learn how to use your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Still have the E3 error. The carriage is able to move freely, I replaced the cartridges with original HP cartridges. Plugged the printer directly into an outlet. Cleaned the cartridge contacts on the printer head. But cannot print any test pages. Tried everything, what am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help thus far. 

HP Recommended

@PastorJoe1956 

The 'known solutions' for this error are included in

Category Troubleshooting > Topic Errors and Lights on Product

Document appropriately named:

➡️  Blinking Lights

No Joy?

I have never even seen a little Deskjet printer - these are relatively simple devices, not expensive, and should (I would think) last at least a year of normal use.

No one wants to say, "Well, it's broken."  In fact, if you spend very much time in the Community, you might see that most of us try very hard to avoid making declarations of that type.   In this case, I don't know that the printer is broken, but I am out of ideas for the moment. 

Perhaps another Expert will jump in and provide the necessary magic.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.