Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bobsolete
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New printer on my wifi security certificate of printer is not accepted as valid blocks EWS access

HP Officejet Pro 9015 printer
Chrome OS

I think I set up the printer incorrectly and did not set up a security certificate with it, so I cannot get into the EWS to manage anything. Printer is set up and printing; but trying to manage it trigger the SECURITY CERTIFICATE NOT TRUSTED message and blocks access

Bobsolete
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,832 4,820 253 201
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New printer on my wifi security certificate of printer is not accepted as valid blocks EWS access

@Bobsolete

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

1. Select Continue to this website (not recommended) each time the EWS is opened.

2. Disable HTTPS in the EWS under the Networking tab, Mgmt. Protocols. Uncheck Encrypt All Web Communication (not including IPP), select Apply. When the EWS is opened the certificate error message will no longer be seen, HTTPS is no longer being enforced for the EWS of the device.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation