07-22-2019 01:42 AM
Printer has got good internet connection. But computer says printer is offline so it cannot print!!! What do I do?
07-24-2019 02:06 PM - edited 07-29-2019 02:29 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?
Meanwhile, if you are using this printer on a Windows computer, follow the below steps:
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
Try to print.
Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.
To identify which IP address is currently assigned to the printer, do the following:
1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Wireless ), and then touch ( Settings ).
2. Touch Print Reports
3. Touch Wireless Test Report.
Setting a Static IP Address
Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:
- Run your Web browser.
- In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Under Connections, click Wired.
- Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Apply.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee