Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3833
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I'd like to use the all-in-one to send scanned docs to an email address, without passing through my laptop. Is it possible?

I haven't got this option on the device LCD panel (there is just scan to PC and that works only when the laptop is connected to the same wifi network). If I go to the EWS on the SCAN page, again, it just shows scan to pc, there's no scan to email option.

Any idea?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DOCCOLO

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

Please Note that Scan to email works only when a local email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird, is installed and set up on the computer and Web-based email accounts (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail) must be configured through your local email client to scan to them.

We will use the Image Capture App to scan to email

1. Open Finder , click Go in the top menu bar, click Applications, and then double-click Image Capture.

Apple Image Capture

2. Click your printer name in the Devices or Shared list, and then click Show Details at the bottom of the screen, if necessary.

After the preview of the scan displays, change the following settings:

• Scan Mode: Select the scanning bed or automatic document feeder.

• Scan to: Select Mail.

• Name: Type a name for the scan file.

• Format: Select the file type for the scan. When you select the PDF or TIFF format, the Combine into single document feature is available to save multiple page documents or multiple images into a single file.

3. Click Scan.

A new email message automatically opens with the scan attached.

Let mew know how it goes

Thank you and have a good day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.