Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8620 All in one
Other

I'm on OS Mojave 10.14.5

I reset my wireless router recently and all of a sudden my HP printer stopped working remotely.  I've tried everything in the message boards I've seen:

1) restarted both my computer and printer (including restoring default factory settings).

2) gone into apple icon, system preferences, printers, and tried clicking restore and then "-" and then re-adding. 

None of those worked.

I've also tried now using HP Easy Start but when I get to the find printers nearby, it doesn't find it.  However, when I look at the screen on the printer, it says it's connected.  And when I go to the printer's IP address it shows it is wired to the same network that my computer is connected to.   And if I connect to it wired directly, it finds it and adds it and works fine.  I also tried printing test pages while not wired via the IP address Embedded Web Server, and they print.  So something going on that I just can't figure out..  

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RodsterPP, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Do you have any antivirus/security software installed?

Perform the steps below-

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 10 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router. Wait until Internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Turn on the computer.

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select Secure AirPrint, AirPrint, or the name of your printer if available.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this hasn't worked.  I can see two 8620 computers on my system preferences / printers and scanners.  And funnily enough, I can still print wirelessly from my iphone, but not from my macbook air computer.  How strange... Any other suggestions

HP Recommended

@RodsterPP

Please share the screenshot of the window where you see two 8620 printers.

That will help us isolate the issue and assist you better.

Thank you 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.