Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
How do i get my officejet 100 mobile printer to talk to my iphone direct ( no internet connection ). What smartphones does this printer talk to.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is how I print to my HP Officejet 100 Bluetooth Mobile Printer from my iPad. The Apple guy told me it could not be done... I proved him wrong, then showed him how 🙂

This works for iPhone printing also!

Equipment Used:

1. iPad 2

2. HP Officejet 100 Bluetooth Mobile Printer

3. Printer USB Cable

4. Apple Airport Express

5. Power Source

6. PC (or Mac) for initial setup only. NOT needed to print later!

When performing initial Airport Express setup with included CD from your PC or Mac, go through the wizard but when asked to setup network, choose SKIP, finish out the install.  

My logic behind this... I wanted the Airport Express to act as a mobile router but did not want/need it to have Internet access, only an address.

Now that the Airport Express has an address, I connect the HP Officejet 100 Bluetooth Mobile Printer to the Airport Express via USB. Now my BT Printer is a WiFi printer and I can use any printer app to print wirelessly from iPad.

NOTE: When you are ready to print, simply change your iPad (or iPhone WiFi) connection to your Airport Express address. When you are done printing, switch it back to your standard WiFi (if any).

For road warriors like myself; if you add (or have) portable electric outlets in your automobile, your Airport Express and Printer are always ready to work.

Hope this helps someone out!

Happy New Year! 

Vicky Horstman

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hello Steve1980,

The only way you could connect your iPhone to your OfficeJet Mobile 100 is through a Bluetooth connection, since that is the only way the Mobile 100 will connect.  The only down sid to that is I am not sure AirPrint will work over a Bluetooth connection.  To the best of my knowledge, it does not, but it is always worth a try.  Other than that, there may be some third party apps that let you use USB, or Bluetooth connections if AirPrint does not work with it, but I do not know there names and they would not be supported by HP.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi,

Additionally to Shane_R's comment above, Airprint is not supported over Bluwtooth connection indeed.

Although Apple iOS support bluetooth connection, it does not support the Bluetooth printing protocols that would be needed to print to the Officejet 100 Mobile (applies for all Bluetooth printers). This is a limitation by Apple.

For my knowledge, most of the Bluetooth capable mobile devices do support this feature (e.g. Nokia, BlackBerry, Android, etc.)

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
I recently talked to someone at HP support in India and was told that it would talk to the mobile printer for an additional $369 for the drivers. I am not very pleased with this info. You should not have to pay for drivers. Not Happy HP !!!!!!
HP Recommended

Hello Steve1980,

I am not sure what agent you spoke to, or what he was trying to sell you, but there is nothing that will let you print from the iPad to the Mobile 100.  The Mobile 100 does not have the functionality to support it.  I hope you did not purchase what the agent was trying to sell you.  I am sorry for all the confusion.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
So even tho iPad has Bluetooth , it still can't read OfficeJet 100
What I gather is the print mode on iPad is AirPrint tech ...
So not compatible ,, how about the new Windows Surface , would that be compatible with OfficeJet 100 ??
HP Recommended

No mobile device should be able to connect to the printer via blue tooth.  Blue tooth only works with a Windows or OSX connection.

Signature
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 100 does not support AirPrint tech , so I gather it over rides Bluetooth when trying to find a printer .

, which it won't do ,, looking at a Windows Surface , I'm hoping that can read the officejet100

HP Recommended

That may work, since it has Windows 8.  You wouldn't be able to install the full feature software, but you should be able to get it printing.  Let me know how it turns out.  This may be a solution to people that want to use this printer with tablets instead of just with notebooks.

Signature
HP Recommended

it seems silly that a mobile printer isnt compatible with mobile devices . Isnt that something that goes hand in hand 

would be great if they where tho !!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.