Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6815 e All in One
Microsoft Windows XP

Bought a new HP Officejet 8615 e All in One and finally got it working after hours of shyte with unistalls and reinstalls. Now it works, however it prints better quality documents from my iphone, ipad and acer laptop. From the pc, it prints horribly. Uploaded a full feature driver/software and still prints bad from the pc. 

It's currently hooked up wirelessly. Test pages from the printer are all good quality, full colour. Scan doc says everything is green and working properly. 

Clearly, something is missing on my pc ....

Any ideas would help.

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @MikeG7.

Yes, it looks like a driver issue. You should have a lot more options available to you.

I checked online and the only drivers available are the Basic drivers. I would suggest to updating that driver to see if you have extra features available for the Windows XP computer.

From the Printers and Faxes window, right-click the printer and then click Printer Properties.

Click the Advanced tab.

Click New Driver.

Next.

Then select the HP Deskjet 990c and continue the wizard.

Apply the settings. 

Check the print settings and try and print to see if the quality is improved.

Keep me posted! Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @MikeG7,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues with the print quality only from the PC. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Please clarify which model you have.

I would suggest trying the steps listed in this document to see if they will help: Fixing Print Quality Problems. Go to Solution four: Check the print settings. It may just be a print driver settings causing this issue. Make sure the paper type and quality are set correctly.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi

The printer model is HP Officejet 6815 e All in One - just bought last week.

I'm running an older Dell Dimension PC going through a Linksys E2500. Network printing from devices other than the pc is clear and colourful, telling me the printer is working fine. 
Scan doc gives the all green.

It sure feels like a driver issue since the output is high res with the laptop, ipad and iphone. Printing from the pc is only greyscale and very screened.

If I hit print, prefs, paper quality, I only have one drop down: paper source - it's set to auto. There is no option for changing resolution or colour. The advanced options has Print Quality set at 300 x 300 dots per inch. Under Print Quality drop down, there is normal, fast or presentation.

I believe something is missing from the software. Printers I've used in the past have always had the option of making these changes. 

Also there is no greyscale box anywhere on any window to drop down - another strange thing ...

Hope you can help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @MikeG7.

Yes, it looks like a driver issue. You should have a lot more options available to you.

I checked online and the only drivers available are the Basic drivers. I would suggest to updating that driver to see if you have extra features available for the Windows XP computer.

From the Printers and Faxes window, right-click the printer and then click Printer Properties.

Click the Advanced tab.

Click New Driver.

Next.

Then select the HP Deskjet 990c and continue the wizard.

Apply the settings. 

Check the print settings and try and print to see if the quality is improved.

Keep me posted! Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks Gemini02 that was great help! All devices are printing well. The PC now has all the print features.

Much appreciated!!

MikeG7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.