Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium
All of the sudden my printer will only print half the page when I send docs from my phone. Docs from all other devices are fine. I've always been able to print from my phone before. Help!
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@roseison,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues while printing from your HP Photosmart printer. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Operating system: http://hp.care/2byggIn (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers?

Could you please respond to this post with the details of the printer, Operating system installed on the PC and with the other details as this will help me in further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi!

Photosmart C410a
Windows 10 on my computer
Yes, it makes copies just fine from everything except my phone. It used to work from my phone just fine. (Still works for other peoples phones.)
Yes, the drivers are fine.

Again, the issue seems to be with printing from my phone.

Thank you for your time!
HP Recommended

@roseison,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing post thoroughly, I see that you are having issues only while printing from phone. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

Just wanted to check are you using Android phone or iPhone? What application are you using to print from? Is it HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS) devices.

Have you tried to update your Phone or have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the App?

Could you once again reply to this post with the details for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi!

I am using an Android and, yes, I have the HP Smart app on my phone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app twice as well as updating my phone. Unfortunately, none of that helped.

Thanks!
HP Recommended

@roseison,

Thanks for the update,

As you have mentioned in your post that you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Smart app as well as updating the phone and sitll having issues while printing from your Android device.

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to Install the HP Print Service Plugin to enable printing from your Android device to your HP printer over a wireless network.

For more details, please go through this link: HP Printers - Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello,

I do already have that installed. Again, I can print from by phone but it only does yalf the page.

Thanks!
HP Recommended

@roseison,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the instructions and still seems to have the issue, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

A print job sent from your Android device to your printer does not print. There are different causes for this issue, such as a connection issue, or an app that does not support printing.

Step 1: Check the Android device, printer, and network status

Make sure your Android device, printer, and network are working correctly and ready for printing.

• Confirm your Android device is connected to the network: On your Android device, open the Wi-Fi settings and make sure your device is connected to the network you want to connect the printer to.

• Confirm that the printer is on and connected to the network: The printer might be in sleep mode, power saving mode, or turned off. Touch or press a button on the printer control panel to wake the printer. To confirm your printer connection, select your connection type.

• Wireless network connection: On the printer, make sure the light next to the Wireless icon  is either on and steady, or blinking. If the wireless light is not on or blinking, press the Wireless button, or open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on.

• Wired network connection: Check that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

• Make sure the app you are trying to print from supports the option to print. Look for a Print icon  to confirm the app supports printing.

• Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and your Android device closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.

• Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clear the Android OS Print Spooler cache

Sometimes resetting and clearing the Android OS Print Spooler cache can resolve the issue.

1. On your Android device, tap the Settings icon , and the select Apps or Applications.

2. Select Show System Apps.

3. Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler.

Depending on your Android device, tap Storage, and then select Print Spooler.

4. Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.

5. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

6. Next to Select a printer, tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then select your printer.

• If you can print, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If you cannot print, turn off and then turn on your Android device. Restarting your Android device might clear the error.

For more details, please refer to this support document - HP Printers - Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

I hope this answers your question, do let me know if you need any further assistance.

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again!

I tried the steps beow, however, it is still only priniting half of the page. What can I do next?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@roseison,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue: 

In this scenario, I would suggest you try to follow these steps here: 

Turn on the Android Print Rendering setting to resolve the issue.

NOTE:

Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary by Android version and device manufacturer.

Example of an illegible printout

1. Tap Settings , and then search for and open HP Print Service.

2. Tap the menu icon  , tap Printing settings, and then tap Advanced Settings.

3. Turn on Android Print Rendering.

Turning on the Android Print Rendering setting.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.