Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet pro MFP125 nw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I finally got my wifi printer to be connected to my new wifi. However, now that the printer is connected to my password locked wifi. the printer still shows itself as its own wifi connection. I tried to put in the IP address of the printer. However,  the page failed to load. What can I do to just lock the printer to my secure connection and not allow outsiders to use the printer. . 

by the way, I'm a Mac user so the windows setting does not work for me. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@candayhaha, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Turn OFF WiFi Direct

1. ON the product control panel, press the OK button to open the menus.

2. Open the following menus: ● Network Setup ● Wireless Menu ● Wireless Direct

3. Select the OFF option, and then press the OK button. The product saves the setting and then returns the control panel to the Wireless Direct Settings menu.

When the printer is connected to your home wireless network, no one else apart from who has your wireless network password would be able to access the printer.

If you need a more secure connection, turning OFF the wireless feature on the printer and using a USB cable would be a better option.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.