Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OffoceJet Pro 8600 Plus
iOS

Until installing iOS 11 I have had no problem with printing stuff wirelessly from my iPad. I still can, but the image is about one sixth normal size and totally useless. Other iOS devices, including iPad operating on iOS 10, continue to print normally. 

Initially I thought the problem was Apple’s responsibility but other forums suggest it is HP that needs to update its printer drivers to work with iOS 11. 

Can anyone throw further light on this problem or advise when the HP driver update will be available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please try updating to iOS 11.3.  We have seen some improvement to a similar issue with the latest version of iOS.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
HP Recommended

Same issue with my Officejet Pro 8600 with iOS11 (fine on other devices)

HP Recommended

Hi @Skipper38,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your iPad wherein the image is very small.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link to force restart the phone: http://apple.co/2yNaXL4

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @TheOriginalChrz,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you are facing issues with your iPad wherein the image is very small.

And here are a few steps in the link to force restart the phone: http://apple.co/2yNaXL4

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I have restarted the iPad bit this does not resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @TheOriginalChrz,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if you are using Mac AirPrint.

I suggest that you disable Mac Airprint and use HP Smart App.

Please follow the link: Print and Scan from the HP Smart App

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow23 wrote:

Hi @Skipper38,

Thanks, but restarting my iPad did not solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @Skipper38,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

I suggest that you download and install the HP smart app from the link: Print and Scan from the HP Smart App

[edit]

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for this solution.

I am mainly looking to print from Safari (eBay packing slips, etc). If convert the screen to pdf and then open with the HP app then it will print correctly - not ideal bit does work. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @TheOriginalChrz,

You are welcome.

I see that that the issue has resolved after converting and printing in pdf format.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future in this forum and we will always be there to help you.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.