Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
It’s so disappointing that this MAJOR problem is not yet resolved...

I can’t print anything at the moment - I can’t use the HP (not so) Smart app to print labels from my Amazon app.

Please sort this out, HP - a solution is needed ASAP!!!
HP Recommended

Yes. Printing is useless now. The customer is left alone trying and experimenting workarounds. A lot of time lost. 

The comments of the HP USER SERVICE are not of adequate quality. By this you drive customers angry. 

Please improve this. 

What are are you doing to resolve the issue? When do we get a solution? 

HP Recommended

Hi @rkuks

Your suggetions simply dont work!!! The question you were asked was WHEN can we expect a solution to the problem not a temp fix!

I cant print emails or web pages from my iphone and ipad, this situation cannot carry on!

WHEN??????

HP Recommended

Our family has two Hp printers in two locations - we are suffering the same issue

updating to iOS11 means when you use airprint, its prints tiny

using ios10 has no issues

Printing from pdf is fine

The support requests to basically turn it on and then off again, are inappropriate after it became evident it is a systematic issue and not an inidivdual device issue.

HP support shoulds have admitted already that this is an ongoing issue and published an estimated resolution time. This would save loads of people wasting their valuable time reinstalling stuff.

Come on HP - fess up and tell us when you'll fix it.

HP Recommended

I am fed up WAITING.  

Its about time this was sorted ,even a magnifying glass does not help read what you have printed ,it’s  disgusting this has not been sorted or should not have happened in the first place.

HP Recommended

Why is the topic set to “solved”?  It is not!  We have no real solution and you keep silent.  See the latest posts. 

Also I can find only “thumps up” buttons. There should also be a “thumps down” button if the topic is not solved. 

HP Recommended

Where has anybody from HP gone ? Can they not find anybody in their organistion to update their customers on this unacceptable situation ?

Can they not, after all this time and with a problem affecting thousands of users, offer any solution or an idea of when they might address this situation ?

Are they happy for us all to be sitting considering what brand of printers we will be purchasing next because they are treating  their customers with contempt and not addressing this serious problem.

We need an informed response from an HP technician / software developer - not gobbledygook cut and paste workarounds which do not work.

HP Recommended
I note that this fault has been on this forum for nearly a month with no clear solution.
My iPad has been updated to iOS 11.1 which is supposed to iron out bugs but hasn't done anything for this one.
Who is dealing with this as it must be the most important thing to address now?
We really shouldn't have to work round this when it was straightforward before the update.
HP Recommended

I have also just updated to iOS 11.1 on my iPhone and IPad and both stiil produce small printouts from emails etc.

I see that HP have now issued an FW update for 'unspecified' problems with AirPrint. Unfortunatley my Officejet Pro 8100 is not on the list for an update. This delay in providing a fix for all affected printers with AirPrint is getting beyond a joke!

Not the kind of service I expect from a company like HP.

HP Recommended

This issue makes the HP Officejet Pro 8600 a worthless Airprint printer. It should be stated on their website : ‘NO AIRPRINT SUPPORT!!”

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.