Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This is a public relations disaster for HP.

This fault has been known about for over 2 months and they are unable or unwilling to issue a software update!

on the plus side we are all using a fraction of the ink we used to and are visiting our optitions more regularly.

I for one have always considered HP to offer an excellent product, however this issue has resulted in me totally losing faith in their customer support.

Maybe time to consider replacing with a non HP printer as they appear to no longer be customer friendly.

HP Recommended
I completely agree!

I find it infuriating that HP marked this problem as solved, in spite of customers’ continuous request for support and no solution being identified over the last 8 WEEKS! 😞

I feel very disappointed in HP and their complete disconsideration of their clients. I have been quite a loyal HP client over the years, but now I’m thinking that I may choose another company for my next purchase. One that cares about their customers and addresses their problems.

I think HP should change this thread to UNSOLVED and also offer options for us to contact them for support directly, irrespective if our products are in warranty or not!

The support page looks like is purposely designed to make the customers go through lots of unnecessary hoops. I think most of us would probably just give up looking for suppport, particularly so if we wouldn’t qualify for help unless within the warranty period!?

HP could learn from Apple, as it has been much more helpful and client-orientated than HP. I could just simply contact Apple via chat, despite my phone not being under warranty, and it was all straightforward. In addition, the adviser spent around 2.5 hours dealing with the problem and created a report which was escalated further. In addition, I received an update within 24 hours!

Please like my post if you also think that HP needs to change its attitude towards its customers!
We may be able to raise awareness about the poor support to potential buyers, negatively impact on HP’s image and sales , and then subsequently force HP into changing its approach!
HP Recommended

I have asked that the "Solved" status be removed from the thread as I agree that the post referenced is not a solution.

As I have posted previously, we (HP) are working with Apple to determine what changed in iOS 11 to cause this issue and what would be the best way to resolve it.

In the mean time, it is looking like disabling IPv6 on the printer is the easiest way to work around the issue.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I am happy to inform that I now have changed the Networkprotocol to only IPv 4 in the software on my LapTop för my Printer HP Office Jet Pro 8600 N911a  and it worked, so now size is back to normal!

HP Recommended

How do I change the HP  Network protocol to IPv4?  I'm a mac user.  Does anyone know how I do this?

HP Recommended
Hi Karinds
I did answer your question on the previous page.
HP Recommended

Yay, thank you rkuks.  it worked.  Seriously sad though we have to go to these lengths to fix the problem.  Thank you so much. 

HP Recommended

Just a little update - even with ipv6 turned off we are getting a percentage of pages which are still printing in miniature !

HP Recommended

I have an Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and having problems with it printing small from iOS 11. Some investigation showed that the AirPrint system has the print job set to use 3x5 Inch paper. This is supposed to be something negotiated with the printer. After disabling IPv6 and restarting the printer the problem was resolved for applications that could specify the paper size e.g. Pages. However the Notes app still defaults to 3x5.

HP Recommended

On further investigation it appears that I can print from Pages on an iPhone correctly now, but on an iPad the same document prints at 3x5 as before. Very frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.