Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi - I am also having this problem.

And have the latest firmware, and have tried the google dns.

HP Recommended

well it looks like HP killed the apps with the new firmware version. So can plz someone upload the old firmware that i can downgrade to the old version ?

HP Recommended

I also had the same problem with the latest firmware (May 2019).   One day, I just come back to the printer and press the touchscreen "APPS" to print some graph paper.  But all the apps were gone except for this one Update item as others have mentioned which does nothing if pressed.     My solution was the famous old one from the computing world "Cycle Power" so I pressed the power button to turn the printer off, waited about 5 seconds for the mechanical sounds to stop, then pressed the power button again to turn power back on.   I pressed APPS on the touchscreen again and once again there was only that lone Update item.  But this time, pressing it caused all the apps to re-download from HP and become available on the printer touchscreen.

I don't know why the apps disappeared in the first place.  I do have a power down and power up schedule enabled, but it is just to have the printer turn OFF for one hour on Sunday and then it will be turned back ON after that one hour.  I do that to make the print head go back to its power down rest position and then get some ink cycled through the print head when power is turned back on.  I don't print a lot, so doing this once per week hopefully is often enough to prevent the ink from clogging inside the print head.   Unlike with the cheaper smaller printers where you get a new print head with each cartridge, if the print head on my 8720 clogs up, the cost for a user-replaceable head is pretty high, so I might as well buy a different printer that has new heads with each ink cartridge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.