Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

I want my wireless printer to work on my macbook but I can't. I've tried setting it up on HP Utility by connecting it with the router that the mac and the printer's on but it's not working! It says the download was successful but the device wasn't reachable. I don't really know where to go from here and any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @miriamnimmo

Welcome to the HP Forums, I'd be happy to help! I understand you have the printer configured to your network but the software says the device is not reachable. Sometimes the IPv6 can interfere with the connection and I suggest we disable that before anything else. On the fornt panel of the printer, scroll down to and select Wireless. In the Wireless Menu, select Advanced Settings, then IPv6 and choose Off. 

Now let's leave the router on and unplug the power cable (NOTE: Do not reset the router), and then do the same with the printer, and shut down the computer. After a full minute, plug the router back in, wait for it to fully power up, then plug the printer back in and wait for the wireless light to become solid. Once both the router and printer are on, go ahead and turn the computer back on. Doing this will refresh the network connection. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking your post as solved (Click the Accept as Solution button below). If the issue persists, please let me know, I will watch for your reply. 

Cheers! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @miriamnimmo

Welcome to the HP Forums, I'd be happy to help! I understand you have the printer configured to your network but the software says the device is not reachable. Sometimes the IPv6 can interfere with the connection and I suggest we disable that before anything else. On the fornt panel of the printer, scroll down to and select Wireless. In the Wireless Menu, select Advanced Settings, then IPv6 and choose Off. 

Now let's leave the router on and unplug the power cable (NOTE: Do not reset the router), and then do the same with the printer, and shut down the computer. After a full minute, plug the router back in, wait for it to fully power up, then plug the printer back in and wait for the wireless light to become solid. Once both the router and printer are on, go ahead and turn the computer back on. Doing this will refresh the network connection. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking your post as solved (Click the Accept as Solution button below). If the issue persists, please let me know, I will watch for your reply. 

Cheers! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for you help, this seemed to solve the problem ^^

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.