Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer Validation Error

HP Officejet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting a printer validation error on my hp 8700. I have done all the downloads for drivers. I can't understand why it keeps doing this. I have done everything that was required and I still get the error. Please help!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
18,047 14,989 855 2,154
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer Validation Error

Hey there @kledbetter, Welcome to the HP Forums:)

I wanted to stop in and try to help out with the issues you're having with your Officejet 8710 showing a validation error. I am looking for some clarifying information in order to help out with this issue.

1. Where are you seeing the error (computer or printer display)?
  2. Are you able to print/copy/scan?
  3. Are you connecting the printer USB/Wireless/Ethernet?
  4. List the troubleshooting steps you have tried please, and we can go from there.

I hope to hear from you:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
kledbetter Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer Validation Error

I am getting the error when I try to print wireless and it goes thru the steps and then when I select my printer it states that printer validation failed. I can print when I connect with the usb cord. I'm only having problems when I try to print wireless.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,047 14,989 855 2,154
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer Validation Error

Hey kledbetter,

Try going through each step to connect to the wireless network and have the printer set up wireless to your computer as shown here: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

If there are errors or error messages when connecting to your network, please tell me all details. Try printing from a few programs after the wireless setup and installation and let me know what happens.

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!
Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

Best wishes:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation