Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

OK - crazy frustrating. My HP printer has its own email address and I'd like to print from my phone. I print out the info and it says "Your printers claim code: _____________"

Improper use of the English language aside (i.e. should be "printer's"), the printer claim code doesn't work. I get this message: That claim code is invalid, try entering a valid claim code.

How is this possible?

What should I do? Any help appreciated

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A Claim Code is only available for 24 hours, therefore it is rejected.

You should remove web services and enabled the feature again, then a valid claim code will be printed.

Click the HP ePrint icon c06124611 and then the Settings button or the gear icon.

Select Remove Web Services and confirm any prompt.

Now, open the HP ePrint menu again and follow the steps on screen to enable HP ePrint, a new information sheet will be printed within several minutes.

Use the part trior to @hpeprint.com as the claim code.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

A Claim Code is only available for 24 hours, therefore it is rejected.

You should remove web services and enabled the feature again, then a valid claim code will be printed.

Click the HP ePrint icon c06124611 and then the Settings button or the gear icon.

Select Remove Web Services and confirm any prompt.

Now, open the HP ePrint menu again and follow the steps on screen to enable HP ePrint, a new information sheet will be printed within several minutes.

Use the part trior to @hpeprint.com as the claim code.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you kindly, Sir

HP Recommended

I have tried that solution several times n still not working for me and I am on initial set up and can't get printer set up. any other suggestions

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomil, I'm having a similar issue in which every time I print the "print info page" , and try entering the Printer Code, I am seeing that the code is invalid. I have tried removing web services, and then adding it back several time, and each time the code that I print out is invalid. Each time I print the code out, I am generating a new code, but each code that I try is invalid. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance that you are able to provide. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.