06-14-2019 02:09 PM
I just bought a new HP Envy photo 7830 printer. Installed it. It scans, it copies but it doesn't print? I use a MacBook Pro to connect. Somebody knows to get it printing? Also i can't print from my Iphone X to the printer? thanks
06-17-2019 07:16 AM - edited 06-17-2019 07:17 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Make sure the printer, iPhone and the mac are connected to the same wireless network. (Either 2.4Ghz or 5GHz)
- Do you have any Anti-virus software installed on your Mac?
Updating the printer firmware and using AirPrint driver may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps:
Step 1: Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Step 2: Perform a ping test to confirm the connectivity between the printer and the mac.
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
- There should be 0% packet loss. In this case, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Re-install the printer using AirPrint driver
1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
6.) Try to print.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee