Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Hi there!

Over the past few months my printer has stopped printing when I use the app on my mobile phone. Previously everything worked fine and then now it starts printing, I get approx two inches of the document and then there is a printer failure and no more document printed. 

Still works fine when printing wirelessly from laptop and Android tablet, just not my mobile phone. 

Any help will be much appreciated as I used to use this function weekly to save setting up laptop for a quick print. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JayTee86

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Have you ensured the HP Print plugin is installed on the android device with the issue?

If not, here's what we need to start with:

Step 1: Install the HP Print Service Plugin

Install the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android OS 4.4 or later device from the Google Play Store, and then turn on the plugin.

NOTE:

Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary by Android version and device manufacturer.

1. Confirm your Android device is connected to the same network as your printer, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English) from the Google Play Store.

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose your Android device to turn on the plugin:

• Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices: The HP Print Service Plugin turns on automatically after installation. Continue with these steps.

• Android 6 (Marshmallow) and earlier devices: Tap Settings, search for an open HP Print Service, and then tap On.

4. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issues. 

I even made sure no other printer options were available within my phone settings. 

HP Recommended

@JayTee86

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

Have you gone through all the steps suggested within the link I had shared as well?

• If no, Click here and go through the steps, from step 2 onward.
  • If yes, follow the below steps:

Sometimes resetting and clearing the Android OS Print Spooler cache can resolve the issue.

1. On your Android device, tap the Settings icon, and the select Apps or Applications.

2. Select Show System Apps.

3. Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler.

Depending on your Android device, tap Storage, and then select Print Spooler.

4. Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.

5. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon, and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

6. Next to Select a printer, tap the down arrow to view the printer list and then select your printer.

• If you can print, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If you cannot print, turn off and then turn on your Android device. Restarting your Android device might clear the error.

If the issue persists, please try adding the printer manually:

Add the printer manually to the HP Print Service Plugin using the printer IP address.

1. Gather the following items:

• The printer IP address

• The printer name

2. On your Android device, open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon, and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

3. Next to Select a printer, tap the down arrow to view the printer list and then tap All printers.

Tapping All printers...

4. Tap Add printer and then tap HP Print Service or HP Inc.

5. Tap On a Wi-Fi Network, and then type the printer name and IP address in the appropriate fields.

6. Tap OK.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm getting the same issue as discussed in the above comment,

I using my application for printing some text, but after heavy usage of printing, it's not working.

but I will start working if I clear data/cache,

I can't figure out why this is happening, so please let me know how to overcome this issue. Why I have to clear data/cache all the time when this issue occurs?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.