Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Lazer Jet Pro MFP 177fw

I get the error message "printer isn't available right now."  I've installed the HP plugin, made sure it's turned on, restarted both the phone & printer.

Both are on the same WiFi network.

I can see the printer on my phone, but it won't show the yellow printer icon.

I've tried the samsung plugin, & same story.

I know the wireless print is enabled, as I can print from my I Pad & computer. I checked the IP address on the internet just to make sure the wireless print feature is enabled.

HELP! I don't want to save as PDF to print. I should be able to print right from my phone.

All updates are current on my Samsung S7 phone.

I just bought 4 cartridges (over $200) so a new printer is not an option

Any suggestions?

Frustrated

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, @PS17 – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand that you are trying to print from your Android device and is facing issues. I'd like help 🙂

Going through your post, this looks like an issue with the app on your mobile. First off, disable the Samsung print plugin and then try printing using the HP print service plugin.

If the issue persists, then let's try using the HP AiO remote app and check.

First, uninstall the HP print service plugin and any other printing app installed on your mobile and restart the same. Now, try installing the HP All-in-One remote app (HP AiO remote app) to print from your iPhone. Go to apple store and install the HP AiO remote app on your phone. Once done, disable the Samsung print plugin and then try printing using the HP AiO app.

I found a wonderful document which will give you instructions on how to use this app. Please go through the steps here: http://hp.care/2dlUQ2b

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you but this did not solve my issue. I followed step by step & tried both solutions offered. Same error message - printer is not available. What's frustrating is it used to work. Not sure if it could be the last Samsung update or the New router/ modem? I know the printer does work with my Apple products so air print is enabled. 

I like to print pictures for my elderly relatives & articles so I use (d) quite a bit. 

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello, @PS17

Try using the HP ePrint app. This is another app that you can try installing on your Android device.

Uninstall the other apps and install the HP ePrint app from the play store and check. Here are more details about the app: http://hp.care/2nZ2DUz 

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M26nw  (purchased may 13, 2017)

Printing from computers (Windows 10) is not a problem

but cannot print from samsung S7

- connected to same wireless network

- installed HP Print Service Plugin

- Android version 7

- Samsung mobile print service disabled

- under printing 'connections' i see the HP Inc. - on

select and it shows the HP Laserjet Pro MFP and proper IP address

select info - says its fetching printer information and then

returns with " Printer Software Probelm - printer software does not support the selected printer.  Check for updates at devices app market or contact printer manufacturer

and thus the email.......

printing from any app (word, adobe, gallery, etc) brings up the option but never get the print icon to complete  - instead get an error that states "printer not available"

HP Recommended

Hello, @derrickh

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

Did you try using the HP AiO remote app?  Go to apple store and install the HP AiO remote app on your phone. Once done, disable the Samsung print plugin and then try printing using the HP AiO app.

I found a wonderful document which will give you instructions on how to use this app. Please go through the steps here: http://hp.care/2dlUQ2b

If the issue persists, try installing the HP ePrint app from the play store and check.

Thanks, I will watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks - still a bust. I uninstalled the HP app, the samsung in  the phone & can not be removed.

I made sure it was turned off, & unistalled any updates to the Samsung printer app.

New: My I phone will no longer print as well as my Samsung phone. Only my computer air prints - which tells me it's turned on.

What's the most frustrating is they ALL used to work with the printer. I did not change any settings.

If I go around the print button by selecting share, select HP eprint - I get the searching circle that never stops searching.

If I didn't have 4 new lazerjet cartridges I would buy a new printer.

This is super frustrating & I will think long & hard about what brand my next printer will be. I can use this with only 1 of my 5 devices needed for my home office.

I apreciate your efforts to help. I've spent many, many hours trying to resolve this.

PS17

HP Recommended

Hello, @PS17

Let's try to tackle the issue on each of the devices. Let's start by diagnosing the printing issues with the iPhone and other IOS devices.

We can try printing using the Apple AirPrint feature.

Now, Apple AirPrint is a feature which will enable printing from most of the apps including Safari, Mail, Photos, and iWorks. Additionally, other popular apps available in the App Store are supported. In the app, tap the Action icon  or , and then tap Print to print with AirPrint. Follow the steps below to use the AirPrint from your mobile devices:

1. In the app that you want to print from, tap the Action icon ( or ) to display the menu options.
  2. Tap Print. The Printer Options menu displays.
  3. On the Printer Options menu, tap Select Printer. A list of available printers on the network displays.
  4. Tap your HP ePrint printer in the drop-down menu. The Printer Options menu displays again and shows your selected printer.
  5. If you do not need to change print options, tap Print to send the print job to the HP printer.

You can check http://hp.care/2dfqOrL for detailed instructions.

NB: If asked for a password, try entering 12345678

Let me know if that helps!

Have a great day 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.