papamilks
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer not showing on airprint

Officejet 6500 710N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did have airprint working via my iphone 7 but now running iOS 11.3 but airprnt no longer finds my printer. (no air printer found)

All other print and scan works fine with my PC via wireless network and eprint also works fine. Both items are connected to the same network router

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 362
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@papamilks

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, when trying print from iPhone 7, you're getting an error message "No Air Printer Found".

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

When was the last time it worked fine?

Is your phone and printer connected to the same network?

Note: Make sure your printer and iOS device are connected to the same network. The printer cannot be connected to Guest or Public WiFi. Your printer must be connected to 2.4 GHz networks.

Let's perform troubleshooting steps mentioned in Frequently asked questions (FAQs)What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple iOS device? from the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193.

You could refer to this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542 to locate any possible interference sources. 

Update printer firmware and Apple software.

You could also try troubleshooting from HP Guided TroubleshooterClick Here.

If the issue persists, try using Wi-Fi Direct to connect your phone and printer: Click here.

Let me know how this goes,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
papamilks
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help I think the problem is that my router is working on a 5g network not 2G i will try and discuss this with my router supplier as this problem was just after my router upgrade

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 362
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@papamilks

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Please check with Internet Service for a 2.4Ghz network and connect your printer to the 2.Ghz network.

Keep me posted, if you need any further help 🙂

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation