Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer randomly fails to connect to iPhone WiFi hospot

Hp officejet 8720

I read several old posts with the identical issue i’m I’m having but no solution was found. Hoping someone had found a fix for the following:

I live in a rural area with no access to broadband internet. The only internet I have is the hotspot on my iPhone 6s. I have always been able to print wirelessly by connecting both my windows laptop and my hp printer to my iPhone WiFi hotspot.  Recently my printer started saying it could not connect to “my router” aka my iPhone hotspot listing a possible cause as MAC filtering being enabled on my “wireless router” which again is actually the hotspot on my iPhone 6s.

if I try the wireless setup wizard on the printer, it sees the iPhone hotspot, but if I try to connect it grinds away several minutes and fails. As previously stated, I have successfully printed wirelessly with this exact setup many times , but lately it has been problematic. Additionally, the issue seems completely random Several times after giving up in despair, I have returned hours later to find a non blinking blue light emitting from my printer. I tiptoe to my laptop so as not to disturb the WiFi gods and it will print.until the printer cord gets unplugged or turned off and then I’m back to the same problem. 

Very frustrating😬any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation