09-20-2019 08:19 PM - edited 09-20-2019 08:24 PM
I am having the same issue with no luck and calling hp doesn't help. I was told that its a problem with my cable company said I needed them to open the ports on my router * gave me a bunch of numbers to give them...did that* still no help, they had me set my printer back to factory 4 times still no fix. Then I typed in this issue and come to find out i'm not the only one with this issue. I tried what you said didn't help me though 😞 I'm going to cancel my account and just by ink from Amazon
10-28-2019 05:47 AM
Product name: HP envy photo 6234 (from the 6200 series).
Issue: Printer will not connect to instant ink service.
Error message in email from hp: 'your printer is not connected to the internet.
please connect your printer to the internet so we know when to send you more ink.
(also, the cartridges won't work if printer not connected to the internet).
Status on my instant ink web page: x offline
What have done to try to fix this: I have pressed the wireless icon on my printer and I have checked that I am in fact CONNECTED to the internet. I have tried clicking the refresh icon on my instant ink web page but no luck.
Question?: What shall I do or what does hp need to do to fix this? Should I cancel my hp instant ink account? It would be a shame since this seems like a good saving on ink costs.
10-28-2019 05:52 AM
Important information: I have had no issues at all with the HP instant ink service the whole time that I was on the free introductory plan. Since I have recently started to be charged I have started to have this issue. There is no issue with my internet provider and my broadband is working fine.
10-30-2019 04:12 PM
@ne22, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Make sure the printer is connected to the Internet.
Check the Date and Time on the printer. On the printer screen, go to Setup > preferences > date and time
Also, sign in to the Instant Ink account page and check for any notifications or errors.
Meanwhile, I would need a few more information to assist you better.
Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.
I am sending you a private message with the information required.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
10-31-2019 01:53 AM
Um thanks Kumar, this is if I'm honest a little late for a response from HP - many of us had contacted HP months and months ago and just got the standard - ensure you're connected to the internet etc - even though it was obvious we were. Not once have I ever seen the date/time setting mentioned other than when I posted it in this very forum back in May.
But now you provide that as a resolution and ask for Kudos??
I like HP Instant Ink, but have found the support to be non-existent.
10-31-2019 10:37 AM
@ParamountK, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Apologies for the inconvenience. We will have to troubleshoot to resolve the issue and those stated are the initial steps. I would also have to check on the instant Ink tool here if there are any errors regarding the account. Hence the additional info is required.
You may also try these steps that may resolve this issue:
Try rebooting the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, try re-enabling the Web-Services -
Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).
2. Touch Remove Web Services.
Reboot the devices.
Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Web Services Setup .
4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.
5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.
6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.
Once you have the "Claim Code", login to the Instant Ink account. Click on the notifications or the bell icon and then click on "Add Printer".
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee