Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer won’t connect to WiFi

Envy 5055
Unknown

My new printer recognizes my WiFi name but when I click on my WiFi name on the screen it says “security: no encryption” I click OK and it never asks me for my WiFi password, so I can’t get it to connect to my WiFi.  I’ve tried a number of times, I have no clue how to fix it so I can enter my WiFi password??

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,814 3,763 192 150
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer won’t connect to WiFi

@Chittman

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the printer's network settings:

1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch ( Settings ). 2. Touch Restore Network Settings, and then follow the onscreen instructions. 3. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel display to set up wireless communication:

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Wireless ). 2. Touch ( Settings ). 3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation