Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4524
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer is brand new and I've only had it for a few months. Before Thanksgiving break, it was working perfectly. The last thing I printed before it stopped working was my receipt for my flight information. The day before my flight, I was trying to print one last thing when I got a message saying my printer was offline. I tried the various things that were recommended if this happened and it seemed like it was fixed. So when I tried printing again, I got an error message in the printer queue. I decided that I would come back to these problems later. Now that it's finals week, I need this printer to work. It's now a mix of my printer either being offline, or there's some kind of error in the printer queue. I've tried fixing the printer spooler, but that didn't help either. Can anyone fix this please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JazzyJazz422

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4524 All-in-One Printer and it appears to be offline or there is a problem in the print queue due to which it does not print. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any software changes or updates happen after which the issue may have started?
  • Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

NOTE: Please ignore any steps that you may have already attempted before.

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Also, please review the steps as described in detail in this HP document. These steps help in fixing printer offline issues in Windows operating system.

NOTE: The step 5 tells you to install a firmware update for your HP printer. The firmware update can be downloaded and installed directly via this link

Finally, if the issue persists then let us uninstall the printer drivers fro the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the printer drivers from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.