I am trying to set up my Android phone to print to my 7740 printer. I do not want to use WiFi Direct since this requires me to change my wireless source from my home wifi to the printer wifi each time and then switch back after printing. When I install the HP smart app, it never detects the printer. I have verified that my phone and printer are both set up on the same wifi. Is there a way to get the printer detected?
I previously had a Brother printer installed at home and was able to easily print from all my phone apps to the printer without having to use WiFi Direct. My wife is having the same issue with her iPhone.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
I suggest you assign a Manual IP address for the printer
1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.
Next uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App on your phone and try to setup the printer and phone
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".