Level 3
49 41 0 5
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printing from Galaxy Note 3 to an HP printer connected to the router

HP Recommended
HP DJ 2132
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HPDJ 2132 is  connected via USB cable to my router. My computer, through the Wi-Fi system only, prints with no problems. I would like to also be able to print from my Galaxy Note 3 via the Wi-Fi- network. How do I install drivers for the Note 3 to print through the network. I installed the all-in-one-remote app, but it doesnot ppear to support the 2132 printer.

More detail: The printer was initially USB connected to the compter and the included CD disc used to install the drivers. After full lfunction was established the Priter's USB cable was disconnected from the computer and the router and printer were shut down. The usb cable was connected to the router and the router and computer repowered. From that point on, I had no trouble printing  to the HPDJ2132 via Wi-Fi from anywhere ion the range of the wireles network. What does it take to do the same with the Galaxy Note 3 smart phone?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,106 27,829 4,889 11,024
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Mobile printing is only supported on a network connected pritners, not on a USB printer connected to a print server..

Any mobile solution such as the HP Print Service Plugin. HP ePrint or HP AIO Remote do not support such configuration...

The only possible way to print from an Android device to a USB printer is to connect the printer directly to the android device with a USB OTG Cable:

http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c05384190

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
49 41 0 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The logical question is "why?" If one can print from a laptop, what is missing in the communication between an Android phone and the printer when in virtually every other aspect the cell does all that the laptop does?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,106 27,829 4,889 11,024
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

A mobile device and a laptop are so different..

A laptop use a standard print driver to communicate with the printer and your print server.. a mobile sevice use an app to print.. upir print server bridge standard printing protocols with the usb port. an app use a completely different communication methods and the app is not designed for a such...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation