05-16-2017 12:41 PM
Follow the steps below in order to print using a dedicated paper tray:
1. Verify the second tray has been installed properly. To verify this open the System Preferences and go to Printers & Scanners.
Open the print queue of your printer. Click on Printer Setup and from the tab menu choose Driver. Verify the box next to Optional Paper Input Tray is checked.
2. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print.
The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.
3. To select the Input Tray, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
4. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
5. Set the Source option as the desired Input Tray.
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
05-19-2017 01:33 PM
Regarding my problem trying to print large format from tray 2 on a HP7740 printer - I got a response from ShlomiL and followed directions but when I clicked on "pring queue", the box that opened was empty.