Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
GO Envy 4502
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'm using my hp 4502 and trying to print on Cricut printable sticker paper. It feeds in about halfway, sounds like it's printing but then says, paper jam. It doesnt really seem thicker than photo paper or cardstock. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Wvmimi

If this is your paper, and this is the weight of the paper, then the Specifications indicate the weight is the maximum rated card weight for the printer at 200 gsm.

So, will it print?  Should do so, although if the information is incorrect and the paper is actually heavier than indicated, the printer will likely reject / jam.

In your Printing Preferences / Properties

• Set your Media type to Card 
  • Set the Source to Tray 1 (as available - do not leave as "any" or "automatic")
  • Set the Size to Letter (or A4 as standard for your region)

The Cricut instructions indicate you should "feed" one sheet at a time.

IN GENERAL, the printer might be happier with 3-5 sheets of the paper in the tray.

Although the setup for using Avery labels is completely different, the printer preferences setups may be similar / same depending on your software.

The following Dragon document includes printer setup examples for using label paper / card stock / brochure paper.

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Labels_Business-Cards_Cards

Print Labels, Business Cards, Cards, Booklet

Topics / Subjects include:

• Preparation and Setup
  • Labels, Cards, and Business Cards
    • Office Word
    • Avery Design and Print (through Windows 10) and Mac
    • Avery Wizard for Word (through Windows 😎
  • Print Booklet
    • Links to help documents
    • Foxit Reader - Booklet
    • Adobe Reader - Booklet

Reference

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers and Software, Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP ENVY 4502 e-All-in-One Printer

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have been having the same issues with my hp 8710. It will not print on the Cricut sticker paper for anything, either it becomes a paper jam or it runs all the way through and comes out blank with ink stripes on the back. I have changed the paper setting to plain paper thick and whatever else setting that is available just to try it. But nothing works. I have been able to get it to print only once and it only printed half a sheet. 

HP Recommended

I’m having an issue with printing on sticker paper. Paper goes in half way and gets stuck in printer. What am I doing wrong?

HP Recommended

Found the solution, make sure the printer settings of paper style ur changing on ur computer u also change them on ur printer itself 🙌🏽

HP Recommended

@Alicia72205 

Thanks Alicia.  Excellent tip.  Smiling.

For those reading:

The "on the printer" settings are those "printer control panel" settings that allow you to modify the paper size / type settings on the panel when you change the paper in the tray.

While not every printer supports the feature, many printers with a control panel support some form of the setting.

For example,

Check / Adjust / Retain the Paper at the Printer Panel

Open Printer Tray,

If you have not yet done so, add desired paper type

Close Tray

IF applicable for your printer:

On the printer control panel, Click Modify (wording varies), set the paper size and type, Click OK

NOTE:  If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down list, Select Custom

Set the Preferences - Windows

Make sure you have selected the Media (kind of paper), source (tray), and paper size in your printer settings.

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on your printer > Printing Preferences >

Tab Printing Shortcuts > Click / Highlight preferred shortcut > Click Apply > Click OK to exit

If the printer software supports the feature, change the settings as desired, then use “Save as” to create a Custom Shortcut.

OR

Windows key + S (search for) Printers and Scanners

Left-Click on (your) Printer > Manage >

Printing Preferences

Select a shortcut and / or set “preferred settings” for paper, source (tray), other settings

Optional (if / as available): Save As > enter a name for your custom shortcut

Click OK to save the preferences

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well, I got exited too soon, I tried printing again and it printed a white sheet again. I’ve been at it for the past two hrs and no real success. I tried the matte inkjet paper setting but I don’t seem to figure this out 

HP Recommended

@Alicia72205 

Well, too bad it did not work.

It was certainly a good try.  Smiling.

I would guess, from reading about the difficulties, that this "cricut" paper may have particular properties that make it "barely" compatible with at least the printer(s) in the modest / budget printer categories (and maybe printers in other price / quality ranges as well).  In general, less expensive printers are less expensive for a number of reasons, including the lack of support for a multitude of media (type of paper).  Budget printers might also be less forgiving about paper weight, paper size, and quality settings.  As a comparison, the bigger Officejet Pro printers might "do better" in this situation. 

Again, this is an observation only and not meant to disparage the printers or those who want to print on this paper.

Keep trying!  You might be everyone's next hero!  Smiling.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Definitely ur correct, I will look into getting a better version thanks!

HP Recommended

@Alicia72205 

@Alicia72205 wrote:

Definitely ur correct, I will look into getting a better version thanks!

Well, maybe I am onto something  ... and maybe not.  Might be a rock..might be a thin straw, that is, “grasping at straws”.

Keep in mind, I have printed on various types of paper, and I have never printed on Cricut “anything”.

Before investing in a printer of any brand ...

You  might look around for what others say, at the Cricut site, if there is one, for example.

Good luck.  

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.